After several stormy days, I decided to sneak-in an evening bike ride on Memorial Day. The weather was perfect, with a little moisture in the air.
I left my home and neighborhood, and proceeded to the South Platte River bike trail. Rode over to Chatfield Reservoir for a quick loop. Got in a couple of good climbs, plus I rewarded myself with some fast descents.
Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough daylight to go much farther, so I returned home. As I was riding through my neighborhood, I heard some familiar voices and decided to investigate. Found my family enjoying an evening swim.
I could have been swimming…
The rest of the story…
So what’s the big deal? Why did I post a video of me biking? Here are the reasons:
- I want everyone to see how awesome the Denver trail system is (over 850 miles of paved (0ff-road) bike paths)
- I wanted to test my son’s GoPro 3+ video camera with my bike mount
- I just finished an iMovie course on Lynda.com and wanted to create a quick video
Here are a few things I learned:
- I much prefer evening rides to morning ones
- Sunset is my favorite time of day
- There are significantly less bikers on the trails after 6pm
- I like climbing hills as much as I enjoy racing down them
- The GoPro3+ does a remarkable job of capturing bike rides
- I look like a nerd with my camera mounted on my bike handlebars
- Qdoba burritos require more than 10 minutes to digest prior to a ride
- My kids love swimming
- Colorado is awesome!